[OpenSCAD] problem rendering '#' operator?

Whosawhatsis whosawhatsis at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 18:20:45 CEST 2011

The # and % operators only have the expected effects in OpenCSG "preview"
(F5) renders. In a CGAL render, the behavior you described is correct. The
animate function uses OpenCSG, which is why the modifiers function as
expected when you use it.
On Sep 4, 2011 4:02 PM, "Bennett, Steve" <s.bennett at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using OpenScad on Mac OS X, and I've found that the '#' operator (and
the '%' operator too) does not render the selected object specially. The '#'
operator makes no difference at all (the selected object is rendered
normally), and '%' and '*' appear to have the same effect (i.e. the selected
object is not rendered at all). Is this expected behaviour on Mac OS X?

> Today I've discovered even more unusual behaviour - if I render a model,
and then select 'animate' the '#' and '%' operators work properly. If I then
deselect 'animate' the correct rendering remains. If I have 'animate'
selected when I render an object it makes no difference, I have to deselect
'animate' and reselect it again for it to have any effect - so it seems that
its the transition from 'off' to 'on' that is important.

> Is this a known bug? I've tried the latest dev snapshot (2011.09.04) and
it seems to do the same thing...