[OpenSCAD] Command line

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 01:17:37 CET 2012

Doing a bit of Googling it seems console apps and GUI apps are two
different things on Windows. I think the reason it appears to run
instantaneously is that the shell does not wait for it because it is a GUI
app. Therefore it won't be able to write to the console and won't
be usable from a script as it wont wait.

A console app can put up a GUI though, but the shell will wait for it to
finish so if you launch the GUI from the command line it will tie up the
shell.

I think you need a console app that launches a separate GUI app if there is
no command line and then terminates.

Any Windows experts no different?