[OpenSCAD] File caching

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Wed Feb 15 11:24:02 CET 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 10:13 AM, nop head wrote:

> Does openscad cache modules at the file level?

Modules included with a use statement are cached as compiled modules with timestamps attached.
However, this caching doesn't come with dependency tracking, so multiple levels of use will easily break it.

I'm working on a rewrite of that, see issue https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/75.

As usual, if you can provide a recipe with concrete examples how to trigger the problem I can test for that, just in case the tests I do don't cover your usage scenario.

 -Marius