[OpenSCAD] Cache size adjustment

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Wed Jan 11 19:04:17 CET 2012

On Jan 11, 2012, at 18:59 PM, Brad Pitcher wrote:

> I see. Yes, I guess the issue I had wasn't related to the cache. Do you have any example model to test the cache settings with? I can't easily come up with anything.

I just do this:
for(r=[1:9]) {
  translate([10*r,0,0]) sphere(r);
}

It will build progressively larger objects and with the cache debug output it's easy to see where the cache fails.

> BTW, about the crash I had. I ran it through gdb and apparently OpenSCAD is terminating with SIGKILL and I get no back trace or core dump. Does that mean the OS is killing it? I really don't know what's going on here because I rendered the model just fine with the exact same settings on a different machine. They are both Ubuntu 11.10, but it crashes on a 64-bit machine and works on a 32-bit machine. Running the latest code on both. Any ideas?

No idea, but it sounds a bit fishy that it crashes on a 64-bit machine. I don't have a 64-bit Linux box available.
Has anyone else seen such behavior?

 -Marius