[OpenSCAD] Difference Problem (or Reverse/Invert)

Joseph Eddy jceddy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 05:50:03 CEST 2012

So, I'm having a problem when I create a a few solids using the
difference() function and then subtract them from some other solid
using the difference() function again...sometimes the rendering gets
all confused and one or more of the objects gets turned inside-out.
I'm guessing this has something to do with the way that difference()
(apparently) leaves "backwards" faces.  Is there any way around this?
I was thinking it would be nice to have some kind of "reverse()" or
"invert()" function that would let me turn an object inside-out...then
I could intersect it with another object and (hopefully) have all the
faces in the right direction.

--
"When an opponent comes forward, move in and greet him; if he wants to
pull back, send him on his way."