[OpenSCAD] test if variable is defined

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 21:53:33 CEST 2012

It only seems to work properly with function arguments.

With ordinary variables you get a warning which says "WARNING: Ignoring
unknown variable 'fred'." so you don't gain anything testing it.

I would love a way of defining a default value for a variable and being
able to override it on the command line. The documentation implies it can
be done but it doesn't work.