[OpenSCAD] CSG mind challenge

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Thu Jun 21 19:17:57 CEST 2012

On Jun 21, 2012, at 13:48 , Don Bright wrote:

> So it seems like even if a good NGP implementation is created, it
> still might be nice to have some kind of 'safety' mechanism to keep
> the system from grinding to a halt

There is a preference setting for aborting normalization of the tree grows too large. Part of issue 127 is that this check isn't always triggering as it should.

My challenge was an attempt to remedy the particular case where you have lots of intersections which are negative volumes, a case which appear to pop up from time to time.

 -Marius