[OpenSCAD] STL file generation non-deterministic?

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 10:10:55 CET 2012

I have been generating STL fliles from the command line with scripts and
checking them into github. When I regenerate from the same source code a
lot of the STL files have little changes in them. These seem to be mainly a
few facets in a different order but I have also seen some normal values
changing from zero to something very close to zero.

The objects look identical in NetFabb.

Surely the same source code should produce the same STL, especially when
built from the command line. Does the test suite generate any STLs and
check them?