[OpenSCAD] Keyword 'color' not working in Windows OpenSCAD?

Taylor Alexander tlalexander at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 09:00:52 CET 2012

I don't consider it elegant to include a shoddy text editor in a program to
encourage users to run two programs at once.

Its not a bad hack to avoid having to write a real text editor, but its far
from elegant.

If no text editor is necessary, the app shouldn't include one. If a text
editor is included, it should have basic features like find. Its great that
there is an option for users to use their own editor, but if there is any
text editor at all, it should work on its own for basic users. I don't
consider a text editor that lacks a find function to be sufficient at all.

These are general principles of engineering - make a feature work properly,
or don't include it. Anything else is bad engineering (which still happens
very often). But the simple text editor included in an app based largely
around text editing should at least match the features of, say, Windows
Notepad.

If not for any reason other than it will annoy new users.

-Taylor