WebHosting Paid by #1Payday.Loans

   The ROCK Linux project has been discontinued in 2010. Here are the old data for the historical record!

[rock-devel] phoenix.clifford.at a.k.a www.rocklinux.net/.org

ROCK Mailing List Archives

Attachments
Entire message
+ (text/plain)
Subject: [rock-devel] phoenix.clifford.at a.k.a www.rocklinux.net/.org
hi rockers,

the hard drive of phoenix, our www.rocklinux.net/.org server, just reached
100% once again. i quickly freed up 1 Gig removing clifford's spam mail
collection, but that's as much as i could to. Compared to how long it
took, we are going to face this problem again in about 4 months, if
things don't change.

they have to change, though. the (sofware) RAID is degraded because of a
faulty disk since ages, and the company that generously sponsored the
rack space and bandwidth is giving hints that they'd need the space for
themselves now - we are doing significant traffic, as you may guess (but
we don't do 1 TB/month, though, so it's not *that* much).

so what should we do? we have three options:

1) find another generous company willing to help us out
    pro: costs nothing
    contra: may be terminated as quick as it is cheap

2) rent a root server at some hoster, like hetzner.de or so

    pro: reliability
    contra: traffic may hit the 1TB mark, then it gets expensive.
            we would need to gather some money (40 EUR / month)

3) something else.
    please come up with ideas!

what do you think?

fake